Tuesday, 25 April 2017

There's no place like home

Last year I did a very grown up thing and bought my first house.  A real-life, grown up house. It was a bit of a doer-upper but it's now been 1 whole year since we received the keys and so I thought I would blog a little bit of the renovation that took place to make it into our perfect home.  Hopefully it will act as a little bit of inspiration for those about to go through the same journey. Please comment below with any questions.

KITCHEN 


 Probably the easiest room to decide on was the kitchen. I have always loved the cottage shaker style kitchens and luckily Steve was on board straight away. The entire kitchen is from IKEA including work surfaces and the Metro Tiles were from  Stone trader at an absolute bargain - I think the tiles cost us something like £50 in total. The thing I loved about the IKEA service was that we were able to design the kitchen from scratch adding in things as we went to ensure it was exactly what we wanted. Over a few sessions meeting with the team we managed to create our dream kitchen.

BEFORE



AFTER






BATHROOM


 For the bathroom we both wanted a spa-like feel and so opted for large stone like tiles to cover the entire room. The sink table was fashioned from a hallway table advertised in IKEA. A few finishing touches was all it needed - I saw lots of bath Caddy ideas on Pinterest and adored them so rather then buying one I asked Steve if he could make me one and I think he did a pretty good job!

BEFORE



AFTER


 
 
The rest of the house really only needed a bit of TLC. It's incredible what a lick of paint and new carpets can do to transform a room!

LOUNGE

BEFORE

AFTER



MASTER BEDROOM


BEFORE


AFTER



Thanks for reading! The dressing room and garden are our next project so I will hopefully be doing an update on this blog in the very near future.

xoxo

Instagram / Twitter / Email / Pinterest / Bloglovin' / Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment